Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This Full Store Civics Bundle bundle includes everything Civics-related in the Happy Teacher Resources TPT store. Please go through the individual resources listed above for more information about each product. ✩ This will be a growing bundle: as new resources are added to the store, you can downloa$234.60$293.25Save $58.65
This bundle of resources has everything you need for an engaging, hands-on lesson on the Articles of Confederation, perfect for a middle or high school Civics, American Government, or American History class. The Articles of Confederation Article & Activity Set contains a 2-page reading passage, a review, an organizational chart, a creative Shays' Rebellion newspaper article project, and an enriching From the Articles to the Constitution comparison activity. You also get the Articles of Confederation Tombstone project, a creative culminating activity in which students eulogize the dearly departed Articles. There are lots of opportunities in this bundle for kids to think critically and creatively, engaging their reading comprehension, application, and their imaginations!
Aligned to the Florida State Standard for Middle School Civics, SS.7.C.1.5: Articles of Confederation, this bundle includes:
- 2-Page Reading Passage covering the Articles of Confederation (what were they, why did they fail) and Shays' Rebellion. Can be read with your students (I suggest underlining key concepts and highlighting vocabulary as you go!) or given as independent reading!
- Article Review that covers comprehension of key concepts. What system of government were the Articles of Confederation? What branch of government did the Articles have in charge?
- Weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation Organizational Chart. Students fill in a chart listing the various weaknesses of the Articles, explaining each weaknesses' consequence.
- Shays' Rebellion Newspaper Project. Students pretend they're reporters for the Colonial Times and report on Shays' Rebellion. They have to come up with a catchy headline, draw and caption an illustration, and fill out the blank newspaper template with a short article describing the who, what, when, where, and why of this farmers' revolt.
- From the Articles to the Constitution Comparison Activity. Students determine which weaknesses of the Articles were corrected by various excerpts from the United States Constitution. A great way to make connections between difficult historical documents!
- Using a provided template and rubric, students create a tombstone for the dearly departed Articles of Confederation, including an epitaph, summary of the life the Articles lived, cause(s) of death (the various weaknesses), and what came next.
- Students can demonstrate their comprehension of what they have learned through this fun creative project!
- Looks great on a bulletin board!
The resources in this bundle are presented as non-editable PDFs and include Answer Keys.
If you enjoy this resource, leave a review! Go to “My Purchases” on your TPT account, scroll to the resource, and click the green “Provide Feedback” link. You can rate the product, leave a review, and collect TPT credits that you can use on other products!
Other Happy Teacher Products You Might Enjoy:
Follow Happy Teacher Resources so you're the first to find out about new products!