This document contains many levels of depth of understanding. There is multiple choice, short answers and many tables and charts for the students to analyze. The standards contained are:
4.37 Analyze the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation including no power to tax, weak central government, and the impact of Shays’ Rebellion.
4.39 Identify the various leaders of the Constitutional Convention and analyze the major issues they debated including:
● distribution of power between the states and federal government
● Great Compromise
● Slavery and the 3/5 Compromise
● George Washington and James Madison
4.40 Explain the ratification process and describe the conflict between Federalists and Anti-Federalists over ratification, including the need for a Bill of Rights.
4.41 Describe the principles embedded in the Constitution including:
● purposes of government listed in the Preamble
● separation of powers
● branches of government
● check and balances
● the amendment process
● principle of judicial review
● recognition of and protection of individual rights in the 1st Amendment
This is a great review before a test, I used it as a study guide but could easily be used as a formal assessment.