Articles of Confederation and Constitutional Convention
Articles of Confederation and the Land Ordinance of 1785
FOR GOOGLE DRIVE
Aim: Why did the Founders think a Constitution was necessary and how did they split up new land?
Digital, 1:1, interactive Social Studies learning!
Included in this product:
• Title page
• Do Now: Creating the Articles of Confederation reading passage and scaffolding questions/graphic organizer
• Provisions/Problems with the Articles Analysis Activity
• Organizing the Northwest Territory/Land Ordinance of 1785 reading passage with scaffolding questions
• Application/Closing questions
• Answer Key(s) for Teachers
Students will research and analyze the creation of the Articles of Confederation, the problems with the Articles, and how the Northwest Territory was organized using the Land Ordinance of 1785
Adheres to Social Studies Common Core Standards - research, application, literacy, vocabulary
Differentiation: cooperative (may work with a partner according to teacher's discretion for questions or activities)
★★ Looking for the printable, pen and paper version of this resource? Find it here!
Articles of Confederation and Land Ordinance of 1785 ASSL
Title page digital paper by Christi Fultz
© 2014 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.