This pack contains 4 bookmarks
(with different words) for each initial sound: k, g, f, l, s, sh, and ch for speech pathologists to use, for either additional home practice or a quick within-lesson activity. There are 3 color variations for each set of sounds plus a written word list for each bookmark.
Each set of bookmarks is leveled
in terms of difficulty of word structure
as well as vocabulary
(although for each child what they find more difficult may vary depending on their speech difficulty).
. One syllable everyday/familiar words
– mostly with a CV or CVC (some CVCC) structure with fewer later developing sounds: e.g.
car, cow, key, cap, comb, coin, king
Bookmark ❷. One syllable words
, some being less frequently occurring
words and some with more difficult sound combinations
card, catch, kite, cook, kite, cake, cat, cave
. Two syllable words
canoe, cookie, castle, compass, kiwi, kicking, camel
Bookmark ❹. Two or more syllable words
with a more difficult structure
and/or less familiar words: e.g.
candy cane, cactus, chameleon, koala, carrot, kangaroo, candle
For each sound there are ❸ print options:
➀ lighter colored/polka dot backgrounds,
➁ brighter backgrounds or
➂ low ink, white background to suit your individual needs.
There are also a set of bookmarks for each sound
with a written word lists
that you can use with older students or you can use to record a student’s performance after he/she has practiced the words at home.
You may also be interested in my other related speech therapy products:
Related Speech Products
• Articulation Y initial sound speech therapy activities
• Articulation of final blends - st ending sounds for speech therapy
• Articulation of final blends -sk ending sounds for speech therapy
• Prepositions for speech therapy in on under next to above behind front between
• Understanding concepts big and little
• is and are activities for speech therapy - using copulas in sentences