If you've never tried dot art with your students, now is the perfect time!
Dot art is fun for all ages and a great way to immediately reinforce correct sound productions...Oh, and NO PREP!! This one is especially for your Earth lessons, but it can be used any time! Just print and use on the spot! Click here if you would like to see the full version! (with every phoneme!)
This 6 page download includes 2 dot art pages with small pictures representing specific target sounds in each little circle! The ever-popular /r/ and /r/ blends each have their own page. The full version of this product (that includes EVERY sound) is also available in my store.
I use these pages in therapy for fun but intensive articulation practice.There are many ways to use these, and here are a few:
1) SAY AND DOT ONE AT A TIME: Students are given bingo paint and allowed to “dot” the pictures in each little circle after saying the name of the picture 1, 2, 3, 5, or however many times I assign (or whatever number they roll with die!) Do this with each and every picture on the page.
2) HUNT, DOT and SAY: Have students find every giraffe (for example) on the page, dot each one and then say “giraffe” 1 time for each giraffe they found.
3) ADAPT TO STUDENT LEVELS: If a student is working at the phrase or sentence level, have him/her make a phrase (if the student cannot produce a phrase quickly, assign a carrier phrase like “I like _____” or “ I see a _____” or “I ate a ______”) or sentence with each little picture. You can also have your students make a sentence with feather (for example) and then find and dot every feather on the page while you address the next student.
4) CHIPPER CHAT STYLE: If you prefer (or if you don’t have paint), you can use chipper chat style tokens to cover the circles instead.
5) HOMEWORK: Just check the box next to “practice for homework” and send the page home for homework.
6) I SPY: Use it to play ISpy -tell or describe the picture the students needs to find, say and dot.
In the end, your students will have a painted, speech-inspired, Earth Day masterpiece and you will have gotten TONS of productions from them!
I find these to be easy, print-n-go, fast-paced and productive articulation activities. I find these especially useful for preschoolers and young children because it keeps little hands and minds busy. I hope you love them as much as I do! Once it dries, send home for homework or hang these up proudly for the world to see :)
If you love this activity, and want to see more of these, please let me know by providing feedback or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want year round dot art fun?
Click here to check out the Plosives Edition!OR here to check out the fricatives and affricates edition!I even have a glides, liquids and nasals edition!