Thank you for checking out my product. Dot art is fun for all ages and a great way to immediately reinforce correct sound productions...Oh, and NO PREP!! Just print and use on the spot!
This 32 page download includes 28 dot art pages with small pictures representing specific target sounds in each little circle!
This download includes the following dot art pages:
- 4 pages for /l/
- 3 pages for /l/ blends
- 5 pages for vocalic r variations
- 2 pages for vocalic r (only “er”)
- 3 pages for consonant /r/
- 3 pages for /r/ blends
- 2 pages for /w/
- 1 page for /j/ ("y")
- 1 page for combo /w/ and /j/
- 2 pages for /n/
- 2 pages for /m/
I use these pages in therapy for fun but intensive articulation practice.There are many ways to use these, and here are a few:
1) SAY-AND-DOT ONE AT A TIME: Students are given bingo daubers and allowed to “dot” the pictures in each little circle after saying the name of the picture 1, 2, 3, 5, or however many times I assign. Do this with each and every picture on the page.
2) HUNT, DOT and SAY: Have students find every giraffe (for example) on the page, dot each one and then say “giraffe” 1 time for each giraffe they found.
3) ADAPT TO STUDENT LEVELS: If a student is working at the phrase or sentence level, have him/her make a phrase (if the student cannot produce a phrase quickly, assign a carrier phrase like “I like _____” or “ I see a _____” or “I ate a ______”) or sentence with each little picture. You can also have your students make a sentence with feather (for example) and then find and dot every feather on the page while you address the next student.
4) CHIPPER CHAT STYLE: If you prefer (or if you don’t have paint), you can use chipper chat style tokens to cover the circles instead.
5) HOMEWORK: Just check the box next to “practice for homework” and send the page home for homework.
6) I SPY: Use it to play I Spy -tell or describe the picture the students needs to find, say and dot.
In the end, your students will have a painted, speech-inspired masterpiece and you will have gotten TONS of productions from them!
I find these to be easy, print-n-go, fast-paced and productive articulation activities that are especially useful for preschoolers and young children because they keep little hands and minds busy. I hope you love them as much as I do! Once it dries, send home for homework or hang these up proudly for the world to see :)
If you love this activity, and want to see more of these, please let me know by providing feedback or emailing me at email@example.com
Click here to check out the Fricatives and Affricates Edition!AND Click here to check out the Plosives edition! !
Thanks for stopping by!