Articulation GO FISH cards made by an SLP! Updated with current vocabulary. Use this set of 16 cards in the standard GO FISH format to work on articulation skills for initial /s/. High quality, crisp illustrations are geared for non-readers. Target sound is placed in the initial, position in CVC words.
Also included are a daily score sheet and performance summary so you can keep track of each student's progress over time. Just print these out either in color or in black and white, attach to card stock, laminate if desired and off you go! Also great to give to parents and students for home and summer work. Developed and tested by Speech Pathologists in the schools in multi-cultural environments
Ideas for use:
1. Standard go fish game-deal 3 cards to each person and put the deck in the middle. Each person must ask for the matching card. This is a great way to work on the initial /s/ in carrier phrases.
2. Memory game-place all cards face down on table and each person takes turns choosing two to make matches. This is the ideal context to practice initial /s/ at the word level.
3. Collect ‘em: Using a shuffled deck, the therapist says “I’ll show you a card, and you say the word that is on the picture. If you get it, you keep the card, if not, I keep it.” You can score it by counting cards or matching pairs. This could be used for word, phrase or sentence level work.
Printing tips: You have a couple options for making these into cards. They are sized to be the same as a standard playing card.
1. you can print them onto paper and glue them onto index cards, cut to size and laminate.
2. you can print them directly onto card stock and laminate.
3. my favorite is to print them on the AVERY Internet shipping labels (#48330). Then you just peel them off, affix to card and laminate. This way you can color code them by choosing different colors of index cards for different sets and all edges are securely fixed on the card, something I have not yet mastered with Elmers glue!
There are other good GO FISH sets out there, but none will rival these high quality, professional, engaging illustrations. More importantly, all GO FISH BLITZ words are carefully selected for context for ideal set up for success, maximizing the help of coarticulation. Finally, all sets are tested with real kids in real schools by real SLP's in multicultural environments.
If you work in the schools, check out my Caseload Manager for Speech Therapy
for keeping track of all you do! It will revolutionize your record keeping!
to see a short tutorial that will show you what it can do for you.