Transform learning about 38 sounds/phonemes by helping the child visualize and describe Teddy’s own production of sounds! Only Teddy Talker® has this special CUE system built into the visuals of our child-friendly bear to represent these features:
• voice: bowtie red=voice off; bowtie green=voice on
• nasal sounds: honey on Teddy's nose
• windy sounds: breath
As a bonus, each phoneme has a corresponding rhyme that embeds the cues for phonetic placement, describing articulation in simple terms. That's 38 POEMS too!
• Connect phonemes with graphemes instantly
• Sequence and manipulate phonemes, ordering consonants and vowels within varied syllable shapes VISUALLY
• Make matching games
• Enlarge cards or poems and use for group instruction or RTI
• Bookmark your favorites on your iPad to swipe through them
• Use Reinforcement Rhymes to promote rhyming
Bring Teddy’s world to life! Introduce some of his wildlife friends and family and develop interesting associations for each sound. Encourage children to draw and write from the poem.
It's fun to produce sounds with Teddy Talker™ Mouth Position Cards with Reinforcement Rhymes™!
There are two versions:
· The ALPHABETICAL ORDER sequences identical to the Laminated Mouth Position Cards. This file has the Reinforcement Rhymes which you can print back to back.
· The STAGES OF ACQUISITION sequences the cards by early, middle and later developing consonants along with vowels. This set is aligned with another Teddy product, the Teach Together Toolkit™. (The Toolkit has Building Blocks Resource pages and an assessment organized by stages of sound The images can prove useful as test stimuli for data collection, particulalry if you download to a mobile device.) This file does NOT have rhymes.
There is also a Teddy Talker® cueing system chart you can copy as a reference for your lessons. There is also a manual for use of the cards
Use these cards for visual support alone or with all our Teddy Talker™ materials! So, if you like this tool, you may also want to follow Teddy's bear tracks to:
Alphabet and Articulation: Teddy Talker™ Alphabet Chart
Articulation and Reading Readiness: Teddy Talker™ Build and Say B.E.A.R.R. Pack
Articulation and Literacy for Home & School: Teddy Talker Teach Together Toolkit
Articulation and Alphabet: Teddy Talker™ B.E.A.R.R. Track Game