Transform learning about 38 sounds/phonemes by helping the child visualize and describe Teddy’s own production of sounds! Only Teddy Talker® has this special CUE system built into the visuals of our child-friendly bear to represent these features:
• voice: bowtie red=voice off; bowtie green=voice on
• nasal sounds: honey on Teddy's nose
• windy sounds: breath
As a bonus, each phoneme has a corresponding rhyme that embeds the cues for phonetic placement, describing articulation in simple terms. That's 38 POEMS too!
• Connect phonemes with graphemes instantly
• Sequence and manipulate phonemes, ordering consonants and vowels within varied syllable shapes VISUALLY
• Make matching games
• Enlarge cards or poems and use for group instruction or RTI
• Bookmark your favorites on your iPad to swipe through them
• Use Reinforcement Rhymes to promote rhyming
Bring Teddy’s world to life! Introduce some of his wildlife friends and family and develop interesting associations for each sound. Encourage children to draw and write from the poem.
It's fun to produce sounds with Teddy Talker™ Mouth Position Cards with Reinforcement Rhymes™!
There are two versions of the same set of cards:
· The Alphabetical Order sequences the cards in alphabetical order (identical to our Dry-Erase Mouth Position Cards.)
· The Assessment Order sequences the cards by stages of sound acquisition (early, middle and late developing consonants along with vowels) . These match the Building Blocks Resource Pages in the Teddy Talker™ Teach Together Toolkit™. This version also works as test stimuli for the kit’s "Teddy Talker™ Assessments for Consonants and Vowels."
You will also find a manual with instructions on use and a Cueing Chart for reference for your students. Use for visual support alone or with all our Teddy Talker™ materials! So, if you like this tool, you may also want to follow Teddy's bear tracks to:
Alphabet and Articulation: Teddy Talker™ Alphabet Chart
Articulation and Reading Readiness: Teddy Talker™ Build and Say B.E.A.R.R. Pack
Articulation and Literacy for Home & School: Teddy Talker Teach Together Toolkit
Articulation and Alphabet: Teddy Talker™ B.E.A.R.R. Track Game