Grab these print-and-go treasures if you are looking for sound loaded worksheets that will bring that fun pirate vibe to your therapy session.. Each page targets initial-medial-final sounds on the SAME page for maximal carryover and generalization of sounds.
This was designed with the Principles of Motor Learning in mind - so that you can integrate variable (vs. constant) and random (vs. blocked) practice in one worksheet. With 15 targets per page and colorful pacing boards for drills and high intensity, it can be easy to achieve those high repetition rates.
Get hands on and use objects like pirate coins, jewels, crystals and mini trinkets to place on top of the pictures, or simply color, stamp and dab away. I love placing a little ‘treasure’ on X marks the spot and seeing if we can make all of our sounds to get it. The treasure hunt is organised by sound placement: it starts off with 5x initial, then 5x medial followed by 5x final sounds and I include two pages of different sounds.
To help provide meaningful feedback,
colorful building themed Feedback Cards are provided to use flexibly in therapy with phrases such as ‘Did you forget something?’, ‘Can you fix it?’ and ‘Put down 5 more good sounds’. An achievement page is also included so that you can make comments and use behavioral reinforcement for therapy successes such as ‘I made sentences all by myself’ and ‘I got ten in a row’. It’s a lovely little empowerment and your kids can try to ‘collect’ all of the achievements.
• Sounds included: K, G, F, V, S, S BLENDS, Z, L, L BLENDS, SH, CH, J, R, R BLENDS, TH.
• Two pages per articulation sound all containing different images. Each page contains 5 targets in initial, 5 targets in medial and 5 targets in final position (for a total of 10 pictures per position or 30 pictures across both pages)
• Black and white worksheets for quick print-and-go
• 5 Color Pacing Boards for Drills to get more repetitions
•12 Color Feedback Cards
• 16 Color & Black+White Achievement Treasure Chests
• Achievement Page to stick and collect your Achievement Treasure Chests on
I love making creative resources that push kids to get in tons of practice while being fun and motivating. If you are looking for more ideas for your articulation students, why not check out these:
Articulation in Play Handouts
Make a Scene Articulation Postcards
Rebecca Reinking - Adventures in Speech Pathology
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest