S-Blend activities for the more challenging /sk/ blend. Packed with hands-on speech therapy activities: a dough mat, dot marker page, cards, dice game, cookie sheet sort and an adorable cut and paste reader about a little skunk who gets scared.
Target multiple articulation, phonological process errors and language goals- perfect for your mixed groups!
If you have students that have mastered velars and simpler s-blends in speech therapy, this set is for you, and will challenge your students to carry over their skills on multiple levels.
You get /sk/ cards with 3 minimal pair patterns to meet your student's specific needs.
No Color Ink?
No problem. Ink-Saving BW Printing options provided!
• Articulation of /sk/
• Answering What doing? Questions
• Answering Where? Questions
• Name to a Description
• Following Directions
• Category Sorting
• Identifying feelings: scary
Total of 35 Useable Pages including 11 Articulation & Language Activities, Build a Scarecrow- a fun open-ended Game, Scooter Gets Scared: an original sound-loaded story
• 32 Initial /sk/ cards
• 9 Minimal pair cards: Initial /st/
• 9 Minimal pair cards: Initial /s/
• 9 Minimal pair cards: Initial /t/
• Scooter Gets Scared: An SK Blend Reader- This original story is presented in three versatile formats:
-Scooter Gets Scared: An SK Blend Reader- interactive book copy- removable story pieces
- Scooter Gets Scared: An SK Blend Reader- Cut and paste student copy
- Scooter Gets Scared: An SK Blend Reader- Classroom book copy to print, use on your tablet, or project for shared reading.
• Smashing Scoops Dough Mat- an /sk/ dough mat piled high with your favorite flavors. Say “vanilla scoop” and smash the dough ball flat!
• Where Does it Go? Category Mats with 20 Sorting Pictures. Put the pieces where they belong- in the sky or on the ground. Tape the mats together for cookie sheet use.
• Build a Scarecrow Game- An open-ended game. Roll the dice and ask for the scarecrow part you rolled. Who will build their scarecrow first?
• What is Scat Doing? Following Directions and Verbs. Find the kitty described and color her. “Scat is reading, color her blue.”
• Scuba Adventure: Dot Marker Page. Color the bubbles as you say each /sk/ word. Bingo chips or daubers work great!
• Scary or Not? Category Sort Cut out the pictures. Is it scary or not? Use the pictured word a sentence with the sentence strip, then glue the picture onto the correct sheet.
/• sk/ Size Sequencing: Cut out the /sk/ pictures and glue them in order from largest to smallest. Make a sentence: “This skunk is smaller. This skunk is smallest.“
• Score! A basketball themed interactive flap activity. Lift the basketball flaps and describe the action picture.
• Guess What? Name to Description Inferencing Activity. Students paste the correct /sk/ picture in the box.
• Speech Homework Page for home practice.
Click the preview button to see more of this product!
This set is included in my Money-Saving
S-Blend Articulation and Language Bundle
If you purchase the bundle, you will not need to purchase this item separately.
❤For even more fun, you may also like these s-blend sets:
Articulation Cards and Activities for SP with Min Pairs
Articulation Cards and Activities for ST with Min Pairs
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom or therapy room so I can create more for you. ☺