*Updated to include 6 postvocalic /r/ passages!
An amazing tool for any speech therapist! Do you have students who are able to say articulation sounds at the word and sentence level but do not transfer that skill during reading and conversation? “Articulation for Reading and Conversation” is for you! In this laughter-filled packet, students will have fun practicing their sounds by reading a paragraph and then illustrating and talking about the story.
This incredible 113 page packet contains over 50 original reading prompts (created by me) that target common phonemes in the initial position of words. Each passage contains exactly 20 target words (with sounds in the initial position) for easy data collection.
1. Students begin by highlighting words beginning with their sound and read the passage.
2. Next, students track their own data using a bubble graph.
3. Last, students draw the story and use sounds in conversation while retelling the story.
Each story comes with one student copy and one therapist copy. The therapist copy provides space for you to track students’ progress as they read and speak.
Amount Sound Pages
2 /b/ 5-8
2 /p/ 9-12
2 /k/ 13-16
2 /g/ 17-20
3 /k/ and /g/ 21-26
2 /t/ 27-30
2 /d/ 31-34
2 /f/ 35-38
1 /v/ 39-40
2 /f/ and /v/ 41-44
3 /l/ 45-50
2 /l/ blends 51-54
3 /s/ 55-60
3 /s/ blends 61-66
1 /z/ 67-68
2 /s/ and /z/ 69-72
2 /sh/ 73-76
2 /ch/ 77-80
2 /j/ or /dz/ 81-84
3 /th/ 85-90
3 /r/ prevocalic 91-96
2 /r/ blends 97-100
6 /r/ postvocalic 101-112
Tips and Suggestions:
* Print off entire packet with multiple copies of most common sounds. Arrange them in a easy-to-grab binder with labeled tabs to make intervention a snap.
* I only created initial sound prompts. However, most of the prompts do contain words with sounds in medial and final positions. For more advanced students, monitor progress in all positions of words.
* For younger students, read the story to them and have them retell it and illustrate it using their good sounds.
* Use in a small group or individually when performing intervention
* Use as a screening tool to determine baseline data with students at the conversation level.
Each story in this packet was created by me. All clipart in this packet was bought by me and has the rights to be used and sold.
Have fun communicating!