Artist Research Project: Middle and High School Art Lesson, examples, assessment, and worksheets
Make studying and artist research exciting for the middle and high school art student!
This is a great artist research project for Middle and High School art classes or language or history classes focusing on artistic achievement of great artists.
Artist Research for Middle and High School art students can be fun and creative!
For this project, middle and High school students will research, design, and create an artist research poster project about an artist that gives the viewer a snapshot of the art and life of the selected artist. The poster should reflect elements of the artist’s style and work. Using the library and internet, students will research a selected artist, gather key points about the artist, and use their creativity to design a poster to present their findings in a fun and creative way.
In this Artist Research Poster Project Art Lesson for Middle and High School Art you will receive:
1. Middle and High School Art Lesson overview
2. Sculptor and Painters/Artists list for students to use(printable)
3. Worksheets to guide students in design and research(printables)
5. Standards used
6. Examples from a High School Art class
Middle and High School Art Students love this approach to research and presentation. It beats a term paper on an artists!!!! Make artist research fun, creative, and exciting!!!!
Some potential uses:
- Great way to integrate art history and visual art making!
- Studying artists from a particular culture- have students make an art poster or even have them do in another language!
- Use an artist to describe historic events that affected their art!!!
Artist Research Poster Project can be used in a variety of classes and grade levels! Enjoy!!!
Here are some other resources that may be helpful:
Art History/artist Sketchbook Prompts/Activities
Artists- Sketchbook prompts 2
1. Artist- Monet -Impressionism
2. Artist- Picasso- Cubism
3. Artist- Van Gogh- Post Impressionism
4. Artist -Georges Seurat- Post Impressionism
5. Artist-Magritte- Surrealism
6. Artist- Dali- Surrealism
7. Artist- Hannah Hoch- Dada
8. Artist-Louise Bourgeois- Contemporary
Artists Sketchbook Prompts 1
1.Artist- Jean Michel Basquiat
2. Artist- Picasso- Blue Period
3. Artist- Georgia O' Keefe
4. Artist -Andy Warhol
5. Artist- Romero Britto
6. Artist- Banksy
7. Artist- Durer
Artists Sketchbook 3
1. Artist- Manet -Impressionism
2. Artist- Picasso- Guernica
3. Artist- Michelangelo- Narratives
4. Artist -Frida Kahlo- Art of Mexico/Surrealism
5. Artist-Toulouse Lautrec-Post Impressionism
6. Artist- Brunelleschi- Renaissance
7. Artist- Durer-Hands- Renaissance
8. Artist-Klimt- Art Nouveau
I hope this resource is helpful. Please remember it is for classroom use only and is not to be reproduced for others or in any digital/online format.
If you like my resource, please follow me. Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name .
Leave a review!!! Your feedback is very helpful!.
©2016 Christina Xiao Whitt All Rights Reserved
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License