“As I Was Going to St. Ives”
This educational resource pack includes:
• K-2 Text Exemplar: A poem called “As I Was Going to St. Ives.”
• Modified for students with blindness: tactile, Nemeth Code Numbers, imagery of muffin pans and tennis balls (to replicate the braille alphabet) and auditory prompts applied. A media player is required. Students may require braille or tactile learning or the use of a computer with voice synthesizer. Visually impaired will also require enlarged print.
Here is a link for teaching strategies for students with Blindness or Visual Impairments:
• Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: reciting, identifying, comparing, then analyze and discuss.
• Fill in the Blanks Tests with Answers Key;
• ESSA -Well -Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Literature
• As I Was Going to St. Ives Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
including: touch correct braille letter/number or recite correct answers.
• Teacher can use completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
• Red print relates to notes for the teacher, parent or self-instruction. The purchase of tennis balls and muffin pans are needed to replicate braille.
• Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily, with an auditory feature.