NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book. Also, because the answers to most of the clues consist of one word, I recommend that students use a thesaurus rather than a dictionary to solve the puzzle.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from AS YOU LIKE IT. Each clue contains a vocabulary word and the sentence it is used in from the play.
Examples of clues:
* Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness and mere oblivion, SANS teeth, SANS eyes, SANS taste, SANS everything. (syn.) ANSWER: without
* ...the one lacking the burden of lean and wasteful learning, the other knowing no burden of heavy tedious PENURY... (ant.) ANSWER: poverty
* I have as much of my father in me as you; ALBEIT I confess, your coming before me is nearer to his reverence. (syn.) ANSWER: although
* Those that are in extremity of either are abominable fellows and betray themselves to every modern CENSURE worse than drunkards. (ant.) ANSWER: praise
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on the AS YOU LIKE IT edition of Bookmarks Plus. Please see the list of products below.
Also, these 25 words are contained in my AS YOU LIKE IT 50-word Prereading Crossword, which includes 50 challenging words students will run across in the book. Please see the list of products below.
USE ALL THREE TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my unique products over AS YOU LIKE IT—view them in my store!
* Bookmarks Plus: AS YOU LIKE IT edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids! See the two companion products below!
* AS YOU LIKE IT: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes Students with the Book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the As You Like It edition of Bookmarks Plus and the As You Like It Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* AS YOU LIKE IT: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!