The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the vernacular or time period.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! And there’s also a color version and a black and white version.
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my AS YOU LIKE IT synonym/antonym crossword. See product list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my AS YOU LIKE IT Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See product list below.
High school editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* All Quiet on the Western Front
* Animal Farm—FREE!
* As You Like It
* The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
* Bless Me, Ultima
* Brave New World
* The Book Thief
* The Brothers Karamazov
* The Call of the Wild
* The Canterbury Tales
* The Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Color of Water
* The Count of Monte Cristo
* The Crucible
* Cry, the Beloved Country
* Cyrano de Bergerac
* Ethan Frome
* Fahrenheit 45
* A Farewell to Arms
* The Grapes of Wrath
* Great Expectations
* The Great Gatsby
* Gulliver’s Travels
* Heart of Darkness
* The Importance of Being Earnest
* Invisible Man
* Jane Eyre
* Julius Caesar
* The Jungle
* King Lear
* The Kite Runner
* Les Miserables
* Lord of the Flies
* The Merchant of Venice
* The Metamorphosis
* A Midsummer Night’s Dream
* My Antonia
* Oedipus Rex
* Of Mice and Men
* A Passage to India
* A Prayer for Owen Meany
* The Poisonwood Bible
* Pride and Prejudice
* The Red Badge of Courage
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Secret Life of Bees
* A Separate Peace
* Silas Marner
* A Tale of Two Cities
* The Time Machine
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* Twelfth Night
* The War of the Worlds
* Wuthering Heights
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite book? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Also, take a look at my new line of products, LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER—great writing lessons geared toward middle school and high school and based on my years in the “trenches!” Many of the skills my LGOP products focus on are barely touched upon in writing textbooks but are so important to good writing.
LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products:
* Avoiding Expletives Lesson—5 pages
* Personal Narrative Essays Packet—22 pages
* Persuasive/Opinion Essays Packet: A Six-Step Prewriting Process for Persuasive Writing—10 pages
* Capitalizing Titles Lesson—9 pages
* Four Methods for Varying Sentences Beginnings Packet—22 pages
* Point of View in Expository Writing Packet—17 pages
* Ten Ways Writers Establish Mood Lesson—6 pages
* How Is Writing Different from Speaking Icebreaker/Discussion
Here are my unique products over AS YOU LIKE IT—view them in my store!
* Bookmarks Plus: AS YOU LIKE IT edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids! See the two companion products below!
* AS YOU LIKE IT: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes Students with the Book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the As You Like It edition of Bookmarks Plus and the As You Like It Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* AS YOU LIKE IT: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!