Introduce the Geography of Asia
with a concise Atlas Activity.
This is the activity I use to introduce my students to the physical geography of Asia
. Since Asia can be split into 3 smaller regions (South, East, and Southeast
), it is the same activity form for each of the 3 regions, with a cumulative mapping assignment
and essay prompt
at the end.
Assignment requires students to investigate the physical and human statistics
and features of the continent
and to make comparisons
to other regions and to the U.S. and North America.
This assignment is designed for 3 days in a block schedule. Typically, I would teach this as 3 separate units, but my schedule has been limited, requiring more content with less time! This assignment works in that situation!
This activity is also included in my Geography of Asia Complete Unit
available in my TpT Store!
• Asia Walking Tour on History, Culture, Physical Geography, Economy
• Challenges in Asia Response Group Activity or Centers Activity
• Geography of Asia Unit Study Guide & Test
• China - History of an Empire Reading & Question Homework Assignment
• China Scavenger Hunt Task Card Activity! Great Game for Review or End of Year!
• Japan America Comparison Lecture Notes Powerpoint
• Japan Scavenger Hunt Task Cards Game for Review - Geography, Facts, More
• India Scavenger Hunt Game Card Set or Archeological Dig FUN! Task Cards!
• Geography of Asia COMPLETE UNIT Physical & Human Geo CCSS
Return to my store for additional Geography materials and full units on each of the regions or continents of the world.