Need a easy to use resource for teaching about the Asian Empires
of the Muslims, China, Japan
Want a resource filled with skills practice
such as reading for content
, and more?
This activity allows students to choose the assignments they complete as a comprehensive, cumulative review of the often overlooked unit on the Asian Empires
are offered and students earn the grade they choose by the number of activities they fully and accurately complete. I also offer bonus (on of the few I offer) for completion of additional activities. Great for Genius Hour
projects or for Standards-Based Grading
This is very much a multiple intelligences
activity and works well for Special Education students with modifications. It also allows creativity in some choices and content writing in others.
Covers regions of Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal Empires, Ming and Qing China, Medieval Japan (including Samurai) and Korea.
I allow my students to work on this during one block class period and additional work may be done as homework, including bonus options.
Includes student directions and rubric handout as well as assignment cards for each activity to be printed out and posted as direction cards. Paper doll outline also included!
Take a look at these other great resources for investigating China, Asia, and Ancient Civilizations
• Chinese Dynasties Shang thru Han w/Confucius and Silk Road Interactive Notes
• Chinese Han Dynasty & Silk Road Activity
• Chinese Dynasties Archeological Dig Activity
• Asian Empires Choice Activity Assignments Cumulative Projects
• China Scavenger Hunt Task Card Activity
• Asia Walking Tour on History, Culture, Physical Geography, Economy
• Mapping the New Asian Empires Activity
• China - History of an Empire Reading & Question Homework Assignment
See my TpT Store for other great Social Studies activities, lessons, games, and more!