Asignatura Pendiente by Ricky Martin: Spanish Class Activities to Practice the Verb TENER in the Present
Activity booklet includes:
• Full song lyrics: “Asignatura pendiente”
• Exploratory Activity: Before listening to the song, students -with the help of the teacher- think about what could be the meaning of the concept “asignatura pendiente.” After the meaning is clear, they think about their own “unfinished business.”
• Cloze activity: Basic vocabulary
• Basic Vocabulary Worksheet: Students identify the correct vocabulary word for each image.
• Verb TENER Conjugation Worksheet: Students practice the conjugation of the verb TENER in the present creating sentences by combining two columns of information.
• Answering Personal Questions with TENER: Students answer personal questions using the verb TENGO.
• Expressions with TENER: Students write the correct expression with TENER based on the images provided.
• Answering Questions with TENER: Using the same set of images, students answer questions with TIENE.
• Song Comprehension Multiple Choice Questions: Students answer questions about the song. Questions are in Spanish and English.
• Concept Clarification Sheet: Details the meaning of three concepts used in the song to help the teacher explain each one to students while discussing the song.
• Verb TENER Printable Handout: A black-and-white handout is included with TENER conjugations in the present, singular and plural, using example sentences with office supplies vocabulary and images.