Also included in
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ EIGHTEEN (18) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! ⭐When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$138.73$277.46Save $138.73
Teach students how to ASK QUESTIONS to get a deeper understanding of what they read.
Slideshow lesson and NO PREP video teaches the reading strategy.
Includes 5 articles for students to practice.
- Each text is differentiated at three different reading levels.
Modify the Google Docs and Google Slideshow to fit your classroom needs.
Asking Questions Reading Comprehension Bundle (this bundle)
- Asking Questions Reading Comprehension Strategy (slideshow lesson) *includes Easel by TpT
- Article 001: Axe Body Spray stops a School Bus (Critical Thinking)
- Article 002: Business Owner Pays it Forward (Citizenship)
- Article 003: Pork Roast Cooked in Car (Creativity)
- Article 004: Airplane Wheel Falls Off (Character)
- Article 005: Rosa Parks - Quiet Courage (Assertive Communication)
- Bonus: SEOT 009: Ask Why
1. Use this Reading Comprehension Video (Asking Questions) to show students how to use this reading strategy.
- It clearly takes you through how to use the reading strategy
- It also goes through an example (modeled reading) where we apply the reading strategy and do a "think-aloud" to explicitly show students how we think.
2. Share the Google Slideshow that was used in the Reading Comprehension video.
- This way, students can review the lesson at their own pace without having to try to start / stop the video at the right spot.
3. Share one of the reading response article handouts with your students.
- They read the article and the mini-lesson on a 21st-century learning skill (Character, citizenship, communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking)
- As they read, they fill out a graphic organizer using the reading strategy.
- Finally, at the end, they answer discussion questions and write a paragraph response.
Lather, rinse, repeat
- There are 5 different informational text articles included in this bundle.
- Start with one as a diagnostic or formative assessment
- Use a different one later on as a summative assessment or evaluation.
April 10, 2022 UPDATE: Price Drop!
- I dropped the price of this bundle (Asking Questions Reading Bundle) and the Making Connections Reading Bundle to $9.95
- If you already purchased this bundle and paid over $10 for this bundle (i.e. $11.00), please email me at Mike@educircles.org and I will give you a $5 TpT gift card.
- When you email me, please use your school / work email address and the name of the TpT account you used to buy this resource so I can avoid fraud. (It's a thing. Sorry for the extra step!)
Mar 13, 2022 BONUS!
- I just added the Ask Why Reading Comprehension / Social Emotional Learning lesson (SEOT 009) to this bundle!