Asking Questions Reading Bundle (5 articles, 1 strategy) PRINT or DIGITAL HDC
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Also included in
- This bundle includes every resource in my TPT store. ⭐ GET EVERYTHING so you don't have to worry about missing out! If you agree with this video at 2:09and you agree with my ideas about EFFORT at 15:52then you will love my stuff⭐ 38 teachers have INVESTED in this bundle so far! As I add resources,Price $164.25Original Price $328.50Save $164.25
Four PRO TIPS to help students ASK BETTER QUESTIONS.
- Use the slideshow lesson and the NO PREP video to explain the reading strategy.
- The generic ASKING QUESTIONS handouts work with ANY TEXT.
This bundle also includes 5 articles for students to practice the reading comprehension strategy.
- Each article is differentiated at three different reading levels. Your struggling readers and your strong readers can do the same lesson!
- The paragraphs of the articles are numbered so you can lead class discussions. Students can find evidence from the text and the content will match across the differentiated versions.
- The articles are NO PREP, Just Print. Just print the single PDF file for each article. (See the article preview PDFs to see exactly what you get.)
- You can also modify the files to fit your classroom needs. (Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Google Slides, Microsoft Powerpoint, Easel by TpT)
All of the resources in this bundle also include a distance learning / digital learning version! (Easel by TpT)
⭐ What do you get in this bundle?
Asking Questions Reading Comprehension Strategy (slideshow lesson)
Article 001: Axe Body Spray stops a School Bus (Critical Thinking)
Article 002: Business Owner Pays it Forward (Citizenship)
Article 003: Pork Roast Cooked in Car (Creativity)
Article 004: Airplane Wheel Falls Off (Character)
Article 005: Rosa Parks - Quiet Courage (Assertive Communication)
Bonus: SEOT 009: Ask Why
1. Use this Reading Comprehension Video (Asking Questions) to show students how to use this reading strategy.
- It clearly takes you through how to use the reading strategy
- It also goes through an example (modeled reading) where we apply the reading strategy and do a "think-aloud" to explicitly show students how we think.
2. Share the Google Slideshow that was used in the Reading Comprehension video.
- This way, students can review the lesson at their own pace without having to try to start / stop the video at the right spot.
3. Share one of the reading response article handouts with your students.
- They read the article and the mini-lesson on a 21st-century learning skill (Character, citizenship, communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking)
- As they read, they fill out a graphic organizer using the reading strategy.
- Finally, at the end, they answer discussion questions and write a paragraph response.
Lather, rinse, repeat
- There are 5 different informational text articles included in this bundle.
- Start with one as a diagnostic or formative assessment
- Use a different one later on as a summative assessment or evaluation.
Check out the Reading Strategies website: Asking Questions.
If you have any questions, please email Mike@educircles.org