Also included in
- Teach reading comprehension when your students are at home during Covid-19 school closures or distance learning. NO PREP video teaches the reading strategy. Upload the independent work packet to your Google Classroom for Distance LearningModify the Google Docs and Google Slideshow to fit your classr$11.00$22.00Save $11.00
- Teach your students reading comprehension strategies to help them understand any text. Video lessons on YouTube as well as slideshow lessons makes this Distance Learning and 1:1 Google Classroom ready! Watch these slideshow lesson for free on YouTube here. If you like these lessons, then you want th$23.50$47.00Save $23.50
Asking questions is more than simply asking questions while you read.
Use this video or slideshow lesson to help students engage more deeply when they are doing active reading.
Students use the independent work package handouts to demonstrate their thinking as they read.
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use and includes everything you need whether you are:
- DISTANCE LEARNING in Google Classroom
- or FACE to FACE LEARNING in your real classroom
In this package, you get
✅ the slideshow lesson to walk your students through
- 4 tips to use the asking questions strategy
- an example of how to use this strategy
- how this strategy connects with active reading and 21st century learning skills.
✅ a generic asking question handout package
- that can be used with any text.
- helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
✅ a metacognition handout with reflection questions
- to help students reflect on this strategy
- to encourage a growth mindset while reading
✅ a rubric to assess or evaluate
- ideas generated during reading, as well as
- ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
- I’ve recorded the slideshow as a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read! The package only includes the Asking Questions strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
It is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
Reading comprehension strategies like asking questions help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
If you want this product with reading texts, please check out our Asking Questions bundle.
- (This lesson)
- (Critical Thinking)
- (Assertive Communication)
ABOUT our Learning Articles
Our 21st Century Learning Articles give you information about an issue that you can discuss with your students.
- The lesson slideshow includes talking points and discussion questions on our Educircles website.
- A student handout package is available for download from our TpT store.
- This includes printable handouts of the informational text at three different reading levels in PDF and Google Docs format.
- BONUS: When we publish a new learning article, it can be downloaded for FREE for a limited time to people who subscribe to our email newsletter on Educircles.org - click here for
This package includes several files in a Google Drive folder.
- The files are numbered in the order that you need them.
- You need a Google account to be able to add the package folder to your Google Drive
According to :
- TpT will give Buyers an “Add to Google Drive” button.
- Upon tapping that, TpT will make a unique copy of your file/folder and add it to the Buyer’s Google Drive, so each Buyer has a different link unique to that Buyer.
This lesson is linked to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) as well as the Province of Ontario Language Arts Curriculum.
The preview file shows you screenshot and thumbnail previews of exactly what you get in this product.
✅ DISTANCE LEARNING with GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Create an assignment in your Google Classroom
- Explain what students will be reading - either a novel or textbook that you are using in class or one of our 21st Century Articles (not included.)
- Attach a link to the YouTube video
or Attach the Google Slides lesson.
- Create a copy of the Google Docs Independent Work Package handouts for each student to record their thinking.
✅ NO PREP VERSION for FACE to FACE learning in your real classroom
- Watch the lesson video here: https://youtu.be/I_4AreWn2_Q
- Print the PDF handouts
- Use the independent work handouts with a novel or textbook that you are using in class or one of our 21st Century Articles (not included.)
✅ EDIT and MODIFY the files for FACE to FACE learning in your real classroom
- Update the Google Slides or Google Docs to fit your class needs
- Teach the slideshow lesson to your class, getting students to participate and give answers during the lesson
- Print the handouts and use with a novel or textbook that you are using in class.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask below!