Also included in
- Four PRO TIPS to help students ASK BETTER QUESTIONS. Use the slideshow lesson and the NO PREP video to explain the reading strategy. The generic ASKING QUESTIONS handouts work with ANY TEXT.This bundle also includes 5 articles for students to practice the reading comprehension strategy. Each articl$9.95$19.00Save $9.05
- Give your students 4 PRO TIPS for 6 READING COMPREHENSION STRATEGIES to power up their reading comprehension. Asking Questions, Making Connections, Inferring, Repairing Comprehension, Evaluating, andFinding the Main IdeaUse this LIFE LONG tool over and over again!For each of the 6 reading comprehens$33.00$65.00Save $32.00
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ 23 people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the EVERYTHING$134.75$269.50Save $134.75
Teach 4 PRO TIPS to help students ask the BEST questions when reading to improve comprehension.
Here's what you get with this ASKING QUESTIONS Reading Strategy product:
- Slideshow Lesson,
- Video (for distance learning or review),
- Before / During / After Reading Handout that works with any text,
- Metacognition / Review Questions,
- Comprehensive Lesson Plan with Detailed Script
- Digital Learning format (Easel by TpT™)
Want to see exactly what you get before you buy this product?
- Watch the PREVIEW VIDEO.
- Look at the PREVIEW PDF.
(It is a watermarked version of the entire PDF resource.)
- This YouTube video walks you through the entire slideshow lesson.
- This product contains an EASEL by TpT digital learning resource.
- To make life easier, I've also included all of the PDF, Word / Powerpoint, Google Docs / Slides files from the original resource in this one as well.
- This resource is on SALE for a limited time (as I convert my resources to this digital download format.)
- What's new and improved? This product includes a digital learning version - Easel by TpT. (It's also more straightforward to use.)
- If you purchased the older Google Drive version of this resource, please read this post.
This product includes:
- PDF handouts.
- Google Docs™ / Microsoft Word™ versions of the handouts to edit.
- Google Slides™ / Microsoft Powerpoint™ versions of the slideshow lesson and reading strategy poster.
- Easel by TpT™ digital version.
(You can learn more about the FREE Easel by TpT platform by clicking here.)
This product is SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD to use!
- Look at the Asking Questions PREVIEW PDF to see exactly what you get.
What do I do after I purchase this product?
Before you buy this product, there is a green button on the right side that says "ADD ONE TO CART"
After you buy this product, the green button will say "VIEW 2 FILES"
Click the "VIEW 2 FILES" button and a new window will pop up.
- Click the "Download the PDF" button.
- (optional) Click the "Preview and Assign" to customize the Easel by TpT™ digital version and assign it to your students using Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, or any other LMS.
What do I do after I download the PDF?
- Open the PDF. (It will look like this Asking Questions PREVIEW PDF .)
- STEP 1: Click the link to the slideshow lesson (at the top of page 1.)
- STEP 2: Print the PDF. (It has all of the handouts and the lesson plan.)
- STEP 3: Teach.
This product is ready for DIGITAL LEARNING (Easel by TpT.)
- If you're new to the FREE Easel by TpT platform, read this.
- The link to the Easel by TpT version will appear on the right side of the page once you buy this product. Click on "VIEW 2 FILES" and then click "PREVIEW AND ASSIGN" (The link is also available in the downloaded PDF on page 2)
- Delete the pages you don't need.
- Assign the Easel by TpT resource to your students.
- Students can use any device to type answers on the handout. (The text boxes automagically expand if you need more room. But, they also hide long answers so the page formatting does not get messed up!)
- The Before / During / After Reading Handout has a "STOP and CHECK" checklist. Students click and drag the checkmarks onto the checklist as they complete each item.
Use this video and slideshow lesson to help students engage more deeply when they are doing active reading.
Students can use the independent work package handouts to demonstrate their thinking as they read.
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use, and includes everything you need whether you are:
- DISTANCE LEARNING in Google Classroom™ / Microsoft Teams™ / LMS
- or TEACHING IN PERSON in your classroom
- or doing a hybrid model with technology.
In this package, you get...
✅ the slideshow lesson to walk your students through
- 4 tips to use the Asking Questions strategy effectively
- an example of how to use this strategy
- how this strategy connects with active reading and 21st-century learning skills.
✅ a generic Asking Questions handout package
- that can be used with any text.
- helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
✅ a metacognition handout with reflection questions
- to help students reflect on this strategy
- to encourage a growth mindset while reading
✅ a rubric to assess or evaluate
- ideas generated during reading, as well as
- ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
▶️ BONUS VIDEO:
- I’ve recorded the slideshow as a YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING: https://youtu.be/I_4AreWn2_Q
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read! The package only includes the Asking Questions strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
This resource is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
Reading comprehension strategies like Asking Questions help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
If you want this product with reading texts, please check out our Asking Questions bundle.
- Asking Questions (This lesson)
- Article 001: Axe Body Spray stops a School Bus (Critical Thinking)
- Article 002: Business Owner Pays it Forward (Citizenship)
- Article 003: Pork Roast Cooked in Car (Creativity)
- Article 004: Airplane Wheel Falls Off (Character)
- Article 005: Rosa Parks - Quiet Courage (Assertive Communication)
Includes strategy lesson and corresponding article (differentiated at 3 reading levels.)
- Asking Questions (This lesson)
- Making Connections
- Repairing Comprehension
- Finding the Main Idea
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask below in the Question & Answer section or email me at Mike@educircles.org
Single PDF File Housekeeping Update - July 5, 2022
- I updated this product to match the other reading strategy products.
- Now when you download the product, you get the Single PDF file right away. (No more zip folder to look through!)
Single PDF File Update - Apr 21, 2022
- This product has been relaunched as a TpT digital download product with a ZIP FOLDER
- The original TpT Google Drive product will be archived
- If you purchased the original Google Drive product, you will always have access to the archived Google Drive files. Please or email
This product now has a Single PDF to print (with a File Table of Contents and all handouts.)
I also added a digital learning version (Easel by TpT)
NO MAJOR CHANGES made to content (slideshow, lesson plan, or handouts.) I fixed a sentence in Asking Questions v1.6 - 4b Metacognition
If you have any questions, please email Mike@educircles.org