Asking and Answering Questions Activities | Reading Comprehension Activities
Also included in
- Looking to enhance your comprehension instruction with engaging and memorable activities? This BUNDLE contains all of my reading comprehension units, which are full of activities, crafts, and NO PREP graphic organizers to introduce and practice these comprehension skills and strategies in a way yourPrice $65.00Original Price $116.00Save $51.00
Are you in need of fun, engaging activities that enhance and improve your students' reading comprehension? These asking and answering questions activities and worksheets are low prep and are perfect for creating a learning experience for your students. Use these asking and answering activities, crafts, posters, anchor charts, worksheets, and more to transform your reading comprehension instruction!
We want reading to be interactive for our students. Asking questions creates a dialogue with the text and author. It helps clarify and deepen understanding. Questions can also help the reader learn what they care about and keeps them turning the page.
Asking and answering is a critical, yet difficult skill that our young readers need in able to adequately and effectively comprehend. This packet is great to use with cooperative and whole group settings. There are no stories included, but it is designed to be used with and has a fun space theme! I have included a list of books that are perfect to use and model how to ask questions before, during, and after reading.
Take your students on a QUESTION QUEST with these fun activities!
- Book Suggestions and Teaching Tips
- Posters (Question Quest, Asking Questions with Question Words, and Answering Questions)
- Anchor Charts (Questions with Question Words and Asking Questions Before, During, and After Reading)
- Opening Questioning Activity (asking questions beginning with pictures)
- Mission Question Activity, Directions, and Printable
- Student Bookmarks
- Question Commander Badges
- Rocket Craft (Asking Questions Before, During, and After Reading)
- Printable Worksheets (FIVE included with different formats perfect for scaffolding as you teach!)
- Interactive Notebook Template, Flapbook, and Mini Booklet
- Exit Tickets
- Brown Bag Book Club and Fiction and Nonfiction Discussion Cards
I had students tell me how much fun they had at the end of my comprehension activities, so it definitely will keep them engaged!
You may also love:
Get more classroom tips and instructional strategies from me below:
Would you like to SAVE on new resources? Just click the GREEN STAR below my name. This will allow you to follow my store and receive e-mail notifications when a new resource is added.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on your purchase to earn TPT credits!