Teach word associations and build description skills with this fun dog-themed game. Students match the pictures that go together, then describe how they are related using a visual support.
Differentiation is easy with provided visual supports for sentence structure, associations, and describing. You will be able to use this activity for a variety of ages and skill levels. I use it with Pre-K to 4th!
Great for small group speech therapy, literacy centers, or RTI instruction. Includes an open-ended board game with a mischievous little dog that may be used to teach any target.
- 30 pairs/60 picture cards of associated objects
- Word Pair Cards for easy reference
- Cue Sheet to help children identify possible commonalities
- Sentence Mat to support children in constructing a sentence describing how pairs are associated.
- In The Doghouse! A Fun Open-ended Game
How Are They Similar? Cue Card may be used to help children describe how pairs are related.
Sentence Mat: Used to help children describe the relationship in a complete sentence.
In the Doghouse! Game: Put cards together in matched pairs. The child takes a pair and describes how they are related, then spins the spinner and moves the game piece. Included game circles may be used or any game pawn you may have.
Memory game: Turn cards face down, turn over two at a time. When a match is found the child keeps the pair and describes how the pair is related. Wordlist cards can be used to help identify matches.
❤If you like this product, you may enjoy these activities: Just click the green text to see more.
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺