Also included in
- This bundle includes 6 Space Lab Station Activities. If you're looking to provide a great learning experience for your students and save a little money as well, you've come to the right place. Do you use Science Centers in your classroom? These would be perfect. -----------------------------------$48.95$69.93Save $20.98
- Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors 5E Lesson Bundle. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almost completely self-co$14.97$18.47Save $3.50
- This package includes the complete lesson set for an Earth and Space - Space Unit. The 9 - 10 weeks of teaching material include nine lessons, lab station activities, digital scavenger hunts, comprehension readings, as well as a quiz and unit test with answer keys. You might also be interested in my$54.47$106.15Save $51.68
This fully editable Lab Station on Asteroids, Comets and Meteors is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students' knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
This lab activity covers:
- Using asteroids and comets for fuel
- Locations of each and how they differ
- Meteors vs. Meteorites vs. Meteoroids
- Asteroid/Earth collisions
This lesson can also be found bundled in my Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
Buyer Comment: "Amazing resource. Kids loved it. Super engaging for end of year."
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - email@example.com