This is an exciting and engaging lesson/set of tasks aiming to build students' skills at using alliteration, assonance, and sibilance in their writing . It was taught during an observation lesson where the teacher received excellent feedback.
Students learn to:
- Define and give examples of what alliteration, assonance, and sibilance are;
- Identify alliteration, assonance, and sibilance in tongue twisters;;
- Analyse what makes them effective;
- Create their own alliteration, assonance, and sibilance filled writing piece;
- Peer assess using a clear and succinct success criteria.
It comes complete with:
- Engaging and visual PowerPoint to guide students (and teacher!) through the lesson;
- Colourful and thought-provoking worksheet for the main create task;
- Lesson plan/ teacher guidance sheet, which goes through the lesson step-by-step;
- Resources to enable the teacher to make 'cards' for the development task.
All pictures are licensed for commercial use, and image authors cited on the final slide.
This can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Descriptive Writing Big Bundle, for even better value!