Also included in
- Need space STEM activities? Are you looking for Moon-themed activities to celebrate the Apollo anniversary? Launch your students into STEM with these space-themed STEM challenges that incorporate the engineering design process. This GROWING mega bundle is jam-packed for space STEM challenges for the$123.72$154.65Save $30.93
Astronaut Boot Moon and Mars STEM Activity - updated for distance learning!
Student teams build astronaut boots using the Engineering Design Process to protect astronauts traveling to the Moon or Mars. Paper, bubblewrap, craft sticks, and other common supplies may be used for students to meet the constraints to protect an astronaut's feet in the harsh environment of space. Students learn about space suit design as well as history and current events of space exploration. This product has 2 options that connect students to real world STEM! Choose the Moon or Mars as the astronaut's destination and use the accompanying handouts to complete the mission!
As with many STEM activities that are student-driven, this challenge can be tailored to students of various skill levels and abilities.
Included in this product:
- Detailed teachers guide with links to resources
- Digital and printed STEM journals
- Instructional video led by an engineer
- Grading rubric for the engineering design process
- STEM Career Connections
- Real-world STEM history and science handouts
- Student handouts to guide them through the engineering design process
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥