The Astronomy Unit includes a PowerPoint, trading cards, a study guide, an assessment, and more activities all centered around the topic of astronomy. (Includes 10 files below)
*Please note our PowerPoints are password-protected from editing and are only compatible with PCs. Mac users will not be able to view our PowerPoints. When opening one of our PowerPoints on your PC, click "Read Only" to view and print the PowerPoint.
1) Plenty Of Planets PowerPoint (PC Only): A PowerPoint presentation about the planets in our solar system. (25 slides)
2) Astronomy Vocabulary Foldable: Students create a foldable with 24 vocabulary words related to astronomy.
3) Earth, Moon, and Sun Flipbook: Students create a flipbook arranging the provided facts about the Earth, sun, and moon into the correct categories. (Includes answer key)
4) Moon Phases Trading Cards: Students create trading cards for each phase of the moon.
5) Shadow Lab Students learn about how a shadow changes during the day in this lab!
6) Sensational Seasons Activity: Students learn about the causes of the seasons and create a mind map, a visual outline of information, using the word "SEASONS". (Includes directions and checkbric)
7) Tricky Tides: Students read about the causes of tides and answer questions about what they read in this activity.
8) Astronomy BINGO: A BINGO game to review key astronomy vocabulary. Perfect for small groups and/or partners.
9) Astronomy Study Guide: A 2-page study guide on astronomy.
10) Astronomy Unit Assessment: A 3-page assessment on astronomy.
By downloading a Lightbulb Minds file, you are agreeing to the following license terms. Lightbulb Minds, Inc. owns and retains the copyright on each file. Your download entitles you to one non-exclusive license to use the unaltered file for non-commercial, non-profit purposes in one classroom only. If you intend to use the file in multiple classrooms, you must purchase one copy for each classroom. Your license does not authorize you to re-sell or otherwise use the file for profit in any way; to alter the file in any way; to create derivative works based on the file; or to post or distribute the file on your website, through email, on message boards, or in printed copy, except that your license authorizes you to distribute printed copies to students in one classroom.
23 pages total, 25 slides total