1. At the Bay - A Sense of Time
How and when does Mansfield disrupt the normal speed of time?
2. At the Bay - Living is Yearning
What is the true definition of satisfaction and what points is Mansfield making about life and happiness in this short story?
3. At the Bay - Questions About Plot...
A good task to use directly after reading the story for the first time. Students create reflection questions for each of the 13 mini chapters then must attempt to answer them, themselves.
4. At the Bay - The Female Psyche
Explore how the female characters in the short story can form a collective whole, and what was Mansfield's purpose in doing so.
5. At the Bay - The Rise and Fall of the Ocean
Explore how the ocean is a metaphor for much deeper ideas in the text. Includes two tasks using graphing and writing skills.