PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These are extension activities to go with my emergent reader “At the Fire Station”.
Five Activities in all! This full size emergent reader is a wonderful resource for Fire Safety week in October. As the kinders learn about fire safety and the firefighters come visit the school it helps introduce some of the things they will see. It is called “At the Fire Station" and is a printable full size emergent text that uses high frequency sight words and vocabulary words.
Targeted High Frequency Words: a, and, at, go, I, see,
Vocabulary Words: fire, station, hat, boots, hose, truck, firefighters, hydrant, call, 911
This resource includes:
- Full size emergent reader in both color and black and white
- Sentence strips are the text from the story
- Pictures to use with the pocket chart
- Flip book to color, cut and glue
- Writing/draw worksheet
- Vocabulary Puzzles
- View the full size book on a white board and use a soft pointer to track the words
while reading with the class.
- Print and laminate the full size emergent reader to share at small group
- Print and laminate the sentence strips and pictures for a pocket chart activity during
- Flip book – print, color and staple/glue. Read to a partner
- Writing page: choose a word to cut and glue. Trace with a pencil and marker.
Draw a picture to match the sentence.
- Print and laminate the vocabulary word puzzles for an activity during centers.
The full size book includes these features:
Detailed cover for a ten page emergent reader. Includes follow-along touch dots to aid in tracking left to right.
Full page helps make this visible for the whole class. Set up as a power point to view on White Board.
Inset pictures and text to allow for staples/rings.
Thank you so much for visiting my store. Be sure to "Follow" my store to receive notices when new products, sales, and freebies are posted. Look for FREEBIES that are available to download right now and check back often.
**Please rate this download to earn your TpT credits - it's like free money!**