Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students have fun reading about Greek Mythology. Great for guided reading and reading comprehension, it contains digital passages and text dependent questions for your students to read and learn about The Story of Athena and Poseidon. These interactive Google slides contain everything needed to teach a rigorous unit on The Story of Athena and Poseidon and are great for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Includes passages, text dependent questions, and more paperless resources!
This resource uses file sharing with Google and is compatible with the following educational apps: Edmodo – Schoology – Microsoft One Drive – Notability – Nearpod – Canvas – Blackboard – Pic Collage – Seesaw – Padlet – Evernote – INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED!.
Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Common Core aligned and created to facilitate “Depth of Knowledge” (DOK) for your students, this product contains an original CLOSE Reading nonfiction passage that was created for CLOSE reading to teach your students about The Story of Athena and Poseidon (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching). There are text dependent questions aligned with each passage, vocabulary work to accompany the text, and a variety of other graphic organizers and activities are included.
We do encourage you to supplement with any other books, videos, and websites that you already use; they will blend nicely with our CLOSE reading passages. You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• The Story of Athena and Poseidon Myth Reading Passage (originally written for upper elementary and middle school students)
A printable version has been included for added flexibility!
• Allusion Poster for The Story of Athena and Poseidon
• Character Analysis Activity
• CLOSE Reading Anchor Chart
• CLOSE Reading PowerPoint (Instructions on how to do teach CLOSE Reading if you are unfamiliar)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheet for students work on the skill of context clues, vocabulary development, comprehension attainment, or assessment
• Writing Prompts, including Essential Questions (also can be used for assessment)
• Tree Map Graphic Organizer (a Language Arts/ Grammar component to work on parts of speech)
• Venn Diagram to Compare and Contrast
• Vocabulary Words and Definitions Matching Activity Includes Movable Pieces!
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. You can send us a “Question” through our store or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Copyright 2018 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.