This is a beautiful PowerPoint Lesson on Ancient Athens during the Age of Pericles. Based on state and Common Core Standards, this lesson covers all of the major aspects of Athenian culture and achievements over 15 visually-engaging slides.
Topics covered include:
1. Pericles & Athenian Democracy
2. The Parthenon and Doric, Ionic, & Corinthian Architecture
3. History: Herodotus & Thucydides
4. Poetry: Homer's Iliad and The Odyssey
3. Drama: Aeschylus & Sophocles
4. Sculpture: Phidias
5. Science: Archimedes & Hippocrates
6. Mathematics: Pythagoras & Euclid
7. Philosophy: Socrates, Plato, & Aristotle
It concludes with an embedded 45-minute Youtube video and open-ended exit ticket students must answer. This is a truly wonderful lesson that provides a lot of opportunities for discussion and engagement with the visuals. All of the notes are simple for students to understand and focus on the main ideas.
This resource also be downloaded as part of the larger, discounted Ancient Greece Unit Bundle
Thanks for looking!
Please take a minute to view and "Like" my page on Facebook
for frequent updates, giveaways, links and more!