Atom Rotation Activity
Atoms & Elements Unit
Students will be able to…
• Identify the atomic number based upon number of protons.
• Calculate atomic mass by adding protons and neutrons.
• Calculate charge by comparing the number of protons and electrons.
• Write an element symbol containing the charge, atomic number, and atomic mass of the element.
• 3 Example Station Cards
• 13 Station Cards
• 1 Atom Rotation Activity WS
• 1 Atom Rotation Activity KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
• Print Out Station Cards and Station Example Cards.
• Place Station Printouts around room.
• Hand Each student the Atom Rotation Activity WS.
• Show students the Station Example Cards and discuss as a class how to fill in the chart on the WS for the example problems.
• Ask students to get with a partner and pick a station to begin working.
• Give students 2-3 minutes at each station to complete the chart for that item. (Timing will differ for different students.)
• Once all stations have been visited, complete post activity questions.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Atoms & Elements Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Atoms & Elements Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website