It is easy to evaluate past events from our present context of values. We can criticize the dropping of the bombs, rightly or wrongly, but can we really truly understand the difficult decision this actually was?
This investigative group discussion helps students understand both sides and consider whether alternatives were realistic.
- Discussion starts with a video clip (lots of primary footage) produced by the BBC. This creates context for the discussion.
- Very clear seating plan and rubric included.
- Students are given an alternative to investigate and critique. They must then briefly present their findings to the class.
- Engaging discussion questions.
- Video clip that challenges the validity of each alternative.
Consider buying the whole course!
Complete American History Course