Before I do this activity, I make sure to model how to work cooperatively in groups together. As a class we model various situations of what it looks and hears like to respect other students and so forth.
1. Divide students into groups of 5
2. Number each student from 1 to 5.
3. Give all #1's the page that has a "(1)" on it.
4. Do this for #2-5.
5. Have students read their page and record any information that they think is important or interesting.
6. Have students share about their topic to their group.
7. While students share about their atomic model, their group members should record key information in the boxes provided in the assignment booklet.