Looking for differentiated activities to introduce, or review, atomic structure? Check out the Atomic Structure Student Learning Stations. Stations are a great way to get your students up and moving around the room; while differentiating to meet the needs of the various learners in your classroom.
This station learning set is part of a GROWING bundle
of Chemistry Student Learning Station
sets (13). It is currently being offered at a reduced price as it is incomplete; however, it will increase in price as the other components are added. Purchase now to receive all the updates!
****Milestone Flash Freebie:
The flash freebie period, from 1/30/17 to 2/5/17 has ended
. I apologize if you were unable to download it during the offer. However, if you want to learn about other special offers such as this one, then sign up for my newsletter in order to learn more!
Notes about this product:
[A] This product includes 7 differentiated stations:
-----Literacy: Writing Station
• Incorporate writing in your science classroom. This station provides 3 opportunities for students to demonstrate what they've learned.
-----Literacy: Reading Station
(pgs. 7-9, plus audio file)
• Incorporate reading in your science classroom. This station comes with a 1-page reading and questions over atomic structure.
• This station also comes with an audio reading (3:21 minutes). This may be used for students that receive special education services or are English Language Learners (ELLs); or for students that simply wish to follow along as they listen to the audio. Please make sure your audio software is up-to-date (wav / mp3 file).
• Students observe and analyze diagrams (2 diagrams over ions and 1 diagram over isotopes).
• Students explore atomic structure through a hands-on approach by selecting from an assortment of various elements (12 element cards included).
• Students are guided through an interactive simulation over atomic structure (15 questions are included in this station).
• 15 questions that assess student learning over the concepts covered in the stations activity.
• Students organize information over scientists that contributed to the evolution of the atomic model (1 diagram is included)
--Student pages and teacher answer key included (pgs. 27-32)
--Editable (blank) station signs are included in a separate file. A colored version (as seen in the thumbnail pictures) and a plain black & white version are available.
--This product does not come with the physical models shown in the picture. However, cheap material such as candy or cereal may be purchased.
************Click HERE to add this product to your shopping cart!************
[B] Similar Atoms and Atomic Structure products include:
----Atomic Structure: Task Cards
----Atomic Structure: I Have...Who Has...(English)
----Atomic Structure for Chemistry Interactive Notebooks and Lapbooks
[C] You may click here to view the copyright for my products, which will be strictly enforced
; however, it is listed in the product. A single purchase of this product is for individual classroom use by the purchaser only. Additional licenses may be purchased for wide-use distribution (e.g. campus, district, etc.). Disregarding the copyright of this product may subject you to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and legal action.
"Bond with James" on social media for additional insights, videos, freebies strategies, and more! !
Atomic Structure Student Learning Stations created by © James Lyas (Bond with James), All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: This product contains a flattened PDF file and is not editable. Additionally, the PDF and audio file may not be displayed in print or electronically (i.e. uploaded to a website).
About Bond with James
James is currently a high school science teacher. He has experience as a speaker at local and state conferences. Moreover, James has experience as a high school assistant principal and as a district-level science instructional specialist (supporting teachers across 17 high school campuses in a large, urban district).