Atomic Structure and Notation Lesson. This 20 slide Atomic Structure and Notation lesson package introduces Atoms, Protons, Neutrons and Electrons. Furthermore, it explains Atomic Number, Mass Number and Atomic Symbols. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint), a Bill Nye worksheet (includes answer key) with a direct video link and a student lesson handout as a word document. The PowerPoint is fun and applicable with ONE video and its worksheet embedded right into the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Video embedded into the PowerPoint
- Bill Nye video worksheet with direct video link
- Student worksheet
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Atomic Number
- Mass Number
- Atomic Symbols
If you are interested in a really engaging and simply to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more.
- "Amazing product! Thanks for helping this ENGLISH teacher survive teaching high school Chemistry for 2 months (a story in itself!)!"
- "This was super easy for my students to understand and learn a new concept!"
- "Wonderful, easy to use resource. Thank you so much!"
- "The lessons and the powerpoint were very helpful to develop understanding!"
- "Great lesson plan, great video, and wonderful powerpoint"
- "Great, simple explanation"
- "Easy to use and understand"
- "Well organized and helpful for my students! Thanks!"
- "Excellent presentation!"
PLEASE NOTE: You can purchase the entire unit for a deep discount by clicking here.
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Interested in a Periodic Table WebQuest and Element Assignment to go along with the lesson? Click here.
The individual Chemistry Unit Lessons can be accessed below.
Lesson 1 - Physical and Chemical Properties and Changes
Lesson 2 - The GUESS method of problem solving
Lesson 3 - Density
Lesson 4 - Particle Theory and Classification of Matter
Lesson 5 - Atomic Theory - The History of the Atom
Lesson 6 - Atomic Structure and Notation
Lesson 7 - The Periodic Table
Lesson 8 - Ions
Lesson 9 - Chemical Symbols, Formulas and Compounds Introduction
Interested in Atomic Structure and Notation as well? I've bundled them here for a 30% discount CLICK HERE.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.