1. review the periodic table,
2. understand that atoms are comprised of electrically charge subatomic particles (protons, neutrons, electrons),
3. understand what an isotope is,
4. understand that all isotopes of a particular element share the same number of protons in each atom but differ in the number of neutrons,
5. calculate the number of neutrons in an atom,
6. learn to model atoms with electrons in different energy levels.
Each page invites your learner to interactive with the subject to engage the information. Lessons use audio, animation, virtual manipulatives and other engaging experiences. Our Lessons are compete with a lesson plan and a companion quiz so you can quickly prepare and evaluate your learners’ progress.
To use these lessons you will need a free viewer from SMART Technologies™ called SMART Notebook interactive Viewer. Here is the link to download that software if needed.
http://bit.ly/IS56tK This is the link to the free viewer.
Scroll down until you see "SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer" and then select your version, Mac or PC.