Also included in
- This NO PREP, complete unit comes with a day-by-day teaching timeline as well as each resource needed to cover the required topics within the standard. Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-PS1-1 NGSS and includes lessons, activities, and assessment items. ThPrice $46.80Original Price $71.87Save $25.07
- This science package includes lessons and activities for SC.7-5. The Chemical Nature of Matter. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use in my own classroom. SC.7-5. The Chemical Nature of Matter: The student will demonstrate an understanding of the classifications and pPrice $57.20Original Price $87.60Save $30.40
- This chemistry package includes a complete resource set for a Chemistry introductory unit on Atoms, Elements, and Compounds. The unit will save you over 90% compared with purchasing each product separately as there are over 25 resources included inside this bundle.This unit includes both Office andPrice $35.97Original Price $71.68Save $35.71
Atomic Model and Theory Lesson - The History of the Atom and Bohr-Rutherford Diagrams. This 27 slide Atomic Model lesson package examines the history of the atomic theory including the contributions of key persons as well as their influence on how the atom was perceived in their time including Democritus, Dalton (Ball Model), J.J. Thompson (Raisin Bun Model), Rutherford (Gold Foil Experiment) and Bohr (Energy Level Model). It concludes with an explanation of Bohr-Rutherford diagrams and provides plenty of examples and opportunities for students to check their understanding.
The lesson package also includes an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check student understanding and an inquiry activity to be done prior to the lesson which gets the students really thinking about how the atom was developed.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Atomic Theory Matching
- Atom Size
- Dalton – Ball Model
- J.J. Thompson – Raisin Bun Model
- Rutherford – Gold Foil Experiment
- Bohr – Energy Level Model
- Bohr-Rutherford Diagrams
- "Awesome resource! I love the videos that are embedded in the PowerPoint."
- "I love this lesson! As a first year Biology teacher, I try to find other ways to teach beside using the textbook."
"Excellent information. Great for the students to get a better understanding of the history behind that atom."
- "This Atomic Theory PowerPoint lesson is a great way for the kids to get the information needed, plus more than would be offered in the book!"
- I liked how this went through the timeline of the theories and kept it at grade level. My students also really enjoyed the video links that gave the brief demos of the actual experiments, it really helped them visualize the concepts."
This lesson can also be found bundled in my Atoms and the Atomic Theory - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
There are 3 videos embedded in the presentation. Simply start the slideshow and click the image and it will open in your browser. The presentation contains diagrams, examples, and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation) and a student lesson handout as a document that follows the presentation.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Google and Office versions of the resource
- Teacher version of the presentation
- Student version of the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Videos embedded into the presentation
- Student activity and worksheet
- Student lesson handout
More Buyer Comments:
- "As a Special Education teacher, finding lessons that intrigued the kids can be difficult. The videos and provided fill-in sheets (PowerPoint and Word) are a great tool for them to gather the information without drilling information and answering boring textbook questions. I'm excited to use this lesson, as the kids have loved the PowerPoint lessons in the past from Fergy! I would highly recommend any material Fergy produces!!"
- "This is great. Saved me a lot of time"
- "Clear concise and easy for the students to understand"
- "There are good video links throughout!"
Interested in a Periodic Table WebQuest and Element Assignment to go along with the lesson?Click here.
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Chemistry Unit Lessons can be accessed below.
Lesson 2 - The GUESS method of problem solving
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.