EUREKA! You've come to the right place for an engaging, challenging, content focused and student driven series of differentiated stations!
These stations allow students the opportunity to access content rich resources and activities in a variety of formats. These stations are designed to allow for a differentiated process, product, flexible grouping, student choice and student led pacing. Introduction, inquiry, practice, intervention, extension and enrichment are all embedded in these 6 stations:
1. Explore: Students will explore the topic by applying prior knowledge and logic to engaging experimentation. Critical thinking skills, collaboration and observation are all at work to accomplish the unknown!
2. Unpack: Students will unpack key vocabulary terms essential for mastery within the content topic. An interactive Quizlet is provided for learning new terms and a follow up activity requires students to make connections and use the scientific vocabulary appropriately.
3. Research: Students will independently research the content with instructional videos and/or interactive simulations online. Students are empowered to correctly use technology and will solidify their foundations with a graphic organizer.
4. Extend & Enrich: Students who have mastered the content (on Day 1 or Day 2!) will dig a little deeper and stretch their knowledge of the topic a little further. They are also provided a real world application of the topic and will discuss or reflect on their new understanding through creative, persuasive or scientific means.
5. Know it All?: This is a checkpoint for students to determine if they have mastered the fundamental learning targets of the content.
6. Application: This station requires students to synthesize, connect the dots, put it together, break it down, jumble it up and think outside the basic box! They will truly be tested with these rigorous and high level tasks.
*BONUS* Assessment: After students have all completed the stations, use the included Common Formative Assessment to determine who has show mastery and who needs further instruction and intervention.
- Independent Inquiry
- Tutorial Stations
- Extra Time Choice Board
- Whole Class Science Centers
Content Covered Includes:
TEKS 8.5A describe the structure of atoms, including the masses, electrical charges, and locations, of protons and neutrons in the nucleus and electrons in the electron cloud
TEKS 8.5B identify that protons determine an element’s identity and valence electrons determine its chemical properties, including reactivity
The E.U.R.E.K.A. Science Stations - Atoms Lab Includes:
- 6 Differentiated Stations with Station Cards, Instructions and Manipulatives
- Common Formative Assessment
- Teacher Answer Key
- Student Response Page
**Technology is needed for full use of four stations**
Every learner and every learning style can be accommodated with these easy to set up and easy to use stations! Start your rotations today!
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter @eurekascienceED