Structure of the Atom and Atomic Theory Task Cards: A set of 63 enrichment, reinforcement and review task cards for your lessons on atoms, atomic theory, and the structure of atoms.
Suitable for physical science and chemistry students in grades 8-12.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 63 task cards on atomic structure covers the following concepts and topics:
• Definition of “atom.”
• Law of Conservation of Mass, Law of Definite Proportions, Law of Multiple Proportions.
• Foundations of Atomic Theory: Democritus, Dalton’s Atomic Theory, J. J. Thomson, Robert Millikan, Ernest Rutherford, and Neils Bohr.
• Students will compare Dalton’s atomic theory to modern atomic theory.
• Subatomic Particles: Students will compare the three subatomic particles in terms of their location within the atom, charge and mass.
• J. J. Thomson, the plum pudding model of the atom, and shortcomings of this model.
• Robert Millikan’s oil drop experiments.
• Ernest Rutherford, the gold foil experiments, results of these experiments, and shortcomings of this model.
• The Bohr model of the atom and its shortcomings.
• The electron cloud model of the atom.
• Atomic number, mass number and isotopes.
• Given an element, students will determine the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in an atom. Many practice problems are provided. (Students will need a periodic table of the elements to complete these questions.)
• Students will calculate the average atomic mass of an element and its isotopes.
• Ions, cations, and anions. Students will determine the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons in atoms that have formed ions.
• Relating Mass to Numbers of Atoms: the mole, Avogadro’s number, molar mass.
• Gram / mole conversion practice problems.
• Conversions using Avogadro’s number
Included in this product:
1. A set of 63 editable
2. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
3. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
4. A complete teacher answer key.
5. Teacher Guide containing tips, tricks, and suggestions for use.
Related Products Include:
Chemistry Lab: Conservation of Mass
Atomic Structure Unit Test
Atomic Structure Worksheet
Electron Configuration Worksheet
Lab: How Many Atoms Thick?
Matter and Change Mini Labs>/a>
Matter and Change Task Cards
Lab: Isotopes and Atomic Mass
Lab: Molecular Models of Covalent Compounds
Matter and Change Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Chemical Bonding Quizzes - Set of Three
Bonding Reactions Worksheets - Set of Two
Chemical Bonding Unit Test
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page