This PDF includes 36 task cards over atoms and the periodic table. Student answer sheets and teacher answer key are provided. Ideas on ways to use them in the science classroom are also included.
For students to be successful with utilizing these cards, they should have prior knowledge of the following concepts and/or vocabulary:
- atomic structure (location and charges of protons, neutrons, and electrons)
- group/family names on the periodic table
- identifying group/period numbers on the periodic table
- reactivity patterns on the periodic table
- that elements in the same group have similar chemical properties
- elements in the same period have the same number of energy levels
- elements in the same group have the same number of valence electrons
- location of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids
- protons determine the identify of the element
- how to calculate the number of neutrons
- why elements in the Noble Gas family are considered nonreactive or inert
- identify an element by seeing a Bohr Model of the atom
Buy the Bundle and Save! A Whole Watt-a Task Cards includes this set along with 13 others.
Buy the Bundle and receive all future task card set additions, revisions and updates at no additional cost to you!