Do you struggle with managing student attendance in your classroom? Do your students frequently arrive to school late or leave early, missing valuable instruction? If so, our Attendance Clock is a meaningful and effective way to manage student attendance, much like employers do in the real world.
-Attendance Clock Bulletin Board/Poster Sign
-Did You Clock In? Reminder Sign
-I Was Here on Time! Bucket/Jar Label
-Student Time Cards (5 on page)
-I Was Here All Day, Every Day! Award (2 on page)
-Pocket Labels (numbered)
-Pocket Labels (blank)
Directions for Use:
1) When students walk in the room each morning, they pull their card from its pocket and place it in the “I Was Here On Time! bucket/jar. Once the tardy bell rings, pull the cards of the students who have not arrived and place them in a designated location. When/if they do arrive, mark the date, check the “T” box, and write a brief comment (optional).
2) If a student leaves early, he/she should locate his/her card in the bucket/jar and hand it to you before leaving so that you can mark the “LE” box & write a comment with the time he/she left.
3) If a student is absent for the day, write the date, mark the “A” box, and write a comment with the reason for the absence (optional).
4) At the end of the day, place the cards back in their pockets or choose a student to do it for you (this could be a classroom job).
5) At the end of the grading period, award students whose cards are completely empty with a certificate and a prize of your choice (an “I Was Here All Day, Every Day!” award is provided). If you laminated the cards, clean them and place them back in the pockets. If you did not laminate them, place the used cards in the students’ files, and print new cards for the next grading period.
We hope this attendance solution is effective for you!
~Heather & Ashley
Product created by Watson Works, 2014.