⭐⭐ Thanksgiving is the perfect time to explore both the language (synonyms, antonyms, abstract language) and the meaning behind the word "thankful" or "grateful." This printable or no print with digital annotation product is designed to take older elementary school and middle school students beyond the word "thankful," and help them embrace the concept of gratitude. You will receive an EASEL version already set up with text boxes. These activities help students develop the robust vocabulary that is necessary for reading and consider the things they can be grateful for in their lives. This is a great lesson to co-faciliate lessons about gratitude between regular education teachers and special education teachers, SLPs and counselors. These activities will work well in your social skills groups around Thanksgiving time too.
► Click here for ideas on how you can use this product.
☞You will receive these language activities related to gratitude:
- synonyms for "grateful,"
- antonyms for "grateful,"
- Thanksgiving antonym sort-two tiers,
- Thanksgiving shades of meaning and answer key (for your early finishers),
- Proverbs and idioms about gratitude,
- Thanksgiving build a sentence.
☞You will also receive these activities that help students explore gratitude in their lives:
- what if we didn't have....,
- quotes about gratitude,
- word web: "I feel gratitude for this person,"
- "I'm grateful for" paragraph writing,
- Writing "thank you" letters,
- Complaints are gratitude-busters (flip complaints into gratitude statements)-uses real photographs,
- Flip it (complaints into gratitudes) individualize-2 pages.
Links to 4 video and music clips and accompanying activities-keep your older students engaged!
I have added answer keys for all activities that do not require a student-generated response.
You will receive a print or no print pdf. It can be printed. It can also be used digitally with digital annotation tools. It can also be used on TPT's digital platform, EASEL and assigned in google classroom.
You might also likes these products for middle and high school students:
ALL OF MY NEW PRODUCTS ARE HALF OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS FOLLOWING RELEASE. CLICK ON THE GREEN FOLLOW BUTTON TO BE NOTIFIED OF NEW PRODUCTS AND FREEBIES!
❤️ CONNECT ON Instagram!
❤️ CONNECT ON Facebook!