What is more fun than writing? I am sure you guessed it! GETTING TO MESH WRITING WITH TECHNOLOGY! --- This awesome biography project will be a hit in your class among students, parents, and your administration will LOVE how you are incorporating writing along with 21st century technology skills!
This project will ultimately allow you to create a page that will contain your students photo and a QR Code. When parents, teachers, and other students scan the QR code they will get to listen to a biography of the student who's picture they are looking at! The biography will be in the voice of the student. This is an amazing activity to get students to learn about one another, to incorporate technology into your class, and to get your students writing.
Afraid this will be hard? NO FEAR! I taught Computer Technology courses for 10 years, so I have created a simple STEP BY STEP guide for you (the teacher) and a step by step guide for the student. It is a no-fail project!
In this packet:
- Cover page with example and ideas of how you can incorporate and display these QR code biographies.
- Teacher instruction guide
- Student instruction guide
- Display templates (for vertical and horizontal photos)
- App Cheat Sheet: Shows you what the apps are called and what the icons look like so you can ensure you are using the correct product.
Best of all... all apps for this project are FREE apps! No out of pocket expense.
Have fun with this project and have a tech savvy year!