PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
**Save 20% with the BUNDLE!**
Develop auditory discrimination and phonemic awareness skills through fun listening games designed to help children practice listening for vowel sounds in words. Ideal for auditory training deaf and hard of hearing students.
This download contains 4 activities:
• Vowel Sound Matching Game: Students try to match words with the same vowel sounds (example: tree and sheep are a match)
• Vowel Bingo Game: teacher says a word and the students look on their BINGO mats to find a word with the same vowel sound; includes 20 bingo mats
• Sorting Mats: long and short vowel versions. Laminate color version to use in file folder, or print out B&W as worksheet.
• Vowel Matching Sheets: match the word to its vowel sound, long and short vowel version are included; with sheet protectors and dry eraser or as printable
• All available in color and B&W
Many children with hearing loss tend to need extra practice developing phonemic awareness in kindergarten and first grade. These activities were created with itinerant teachers in mind- easy to laminate and reuse.
You may also be interested in...
Remember to follow me for future freebies and more TOD/SLP resources!
Email me at ListeningFunTOD@gmail.com for any questions or concerns!