This year long Monday-Thursday homework calendar bundle was created to give families and kindies a way to discuss and review content covered in class.
It also gives the teacher a simple curriculum map for focus standards, letters, sight words and themes. The calendar follows the ELA Common Core Curriculum Maps and Math Expressions Curriculum; but those curricula are not required for use of the calendar. The calendar is editable; so change or delete to fit your classroom.
Components of the calendar include:
1. Monitor home reading by families coloring a seasonal icon for minutes of read with, read to or listen to reading done by student and family.
2. Monday through Thursday activities with a family initial. The calendar is returned each Friday and sent back home each Monday.
3. Sight word practice. Families can make flash cards of weekly words to keep and practice at home on a weekly basis.
4. Blank cards are sent home for students to create games.
5. Letter, chunk and word family and sound discussion.
6. Weekly poems/stories using QR codes for family access to text selections. Online copies can be printed for families without QR code access.
7. Writing practice boxes for short writing exercises each week. Gives a snapshot of student writing skills. Returned calendars can be kept at the end of each month and placed in student portfolios as an authentic cumulative writing assessment.
Activities are all interactive; no extra papers to look over.
The calendar can be copied back to back with the practice pages.
Save 20% by purchasing 11 month bundle. Individual months also available in my TpT store.
For a free preview month visit: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/August-Mon-Thur-Common-Core-Kindergarten-4-Week-Homework-Calendar-Free-811694
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License