Looking for some fun, easy-to-teach math tub activities for back-to-school? These summer/beach themed activities are perfect for your incoming firsties! They focus on addition skills, identifying quantities quickly and number patterns.
1. Swimming to 50- Students roll a die and follow a key to move forward and backward on a number grid.
2. Match the Shades- Determine number shown on 10 frames, dice or domino and match with the correct number.
3. Race to the Shore- Solve addition facts to get to the shore! (2 levels: sums 2-6 & 6-10)
4. Under the Sea- Solve addition facts to cover the fish.
5. Finish the Pattern- Counts by one, 2, 5 and 10
6. Catch a Firefly- Solve the firefly fact and place in the correct jar.
7. True or False- Determine whether the equation/# of objects is true or false.
8. Flip-Flop Facts- Match the turn-around facts.
Check out the preview to see example of every game!
Each activity has 2 direction sheets- one that lists the common core standards and one that lists the TEKS (Texas standards). These activities can be printed on card-stock and laminated. Some games are color coordinated for easy sorting and storing. Thank you! Please visit our blog for more info on guided math groups!