Looking for some fun, easy-to-teach math tub activities for back-to-school? These summer/beach themed activities are perfect for your incoming second graders! They focus on addition strategies, using a number grid, and place value.
1. Swimming to 100- Students roll a die and follow a key to move forward and backward on a number grid.
2. Match the Shades- Determine the sum of the doubles and near-doubles facts..
3. Race to the Shore- Solve addition facts to get to the shore! (2 levels: sums 10-15)
4. Race to the Shore- Solve subtraction facts to get to the shore!
5. Under the Sea- Roll a die and double it to cover the fish
6. Catch a Firefly- Solve the firefly fact and place in the correct jar.
7. True or False- Determine whether the equation/domino count/base 10 amount is true or false
Check out the preview to see example of every game!