First Grade Morning Work for the month of August. The activities align with first grade Common Core standards.
Here's what's inside:
Counting objects and writing the number and number words.
1.NBT.1 Count objects and represent with a written numeral.
Adding with and without pictures as models.
1.NBT.4 Add within 100 using concrete models or drawings.
Compare groups of objects.
K.CC.6 Identify whether the number of objects in a group is <, >, =. In preparation for 1.NBT.3 Compare two 2-digit numbers.
Subtract with models.
1.OA.6 Subtract within 20.
- Match words to picture representations.
- Write complete simple sentences.
1.L.1j Produce a complete simple sentence.
- Sort words into categories. (vowel sounds, nouns, and verbs)
1.L.5 Sort words into categories.
- Identify nouns and verbs.
1.L.1 use common nouns.
- Correct sentence conventions.
1.L.2 Demonstrate command of Standard English capitalization, punctuation and spelling.
- Capitalize names of people and dates.
1.L.2a Capitalize dates and names of people.